1. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a 5-6 quart stockpot until hot.
2. Add the ginger and onion and cook until the onion is golden and tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the chili powder and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
4. Add the garlic and pineapple and cook for 1 minute longer.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed tomatoes, ketchup, cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, dry mustard, and salt. Puree the sauce with a KitchenAid immersion blender until smooth.
6. Return the saucepot to the heat and bring to a boil over high. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces to about 5 cups-about 25 minutes.