1. First, shred the cabbage and combine with the shredded red cabbage to add some color.
2. Now add 1 tbsp of the fish sauce and juice from half of the lime.
3. Toss to mix all the flavors and set aside to marinate.
4. Next, season the strip steaks with pepper, garlic, and salt-make sure to get both sides.
5. Place the steaks on a preheated grill and cook on each side for 3 minutes. When the steaks are done, let them rest for 8 to 10 minutes so that the juices redistribute.
6. Now, cut off the stem and root end of the lemongrass, remove the tough outer leaf and mince. Add the serrano chili, the green onions, and the shallots.
7. To the ingredients, add the other tablespoon of the fish sauce and the juice from one and a half limes.
8. Continue chopping to mix all the flavors and then add the mint and cilantro and give it a rough chop.
9. Add this marinade to a bowl.
10. Thinly slice the bison steaks against the grain to make sure the meat stays moist and tender and add to the bowl. Toss to coat.
11. To plate this exotic dish, add the marinating cabbage salad and top with the bison.