1. Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Thread the shrimp, green onion, tomato and scallop, onto the skewers.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the ginger, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, and garlic. Pour half of the mixture over the kabobs and marinate at room temperature for up to 8 hours. Reserve the other half of the mixture to baste the kabobs while grilling.
4. Prepare a charcoal grill to medium heat.
5. Place the skewers on the grill and season with fresh black pepper. Turn once and brush with the soy mixture.
6. Cook until opaque throughout, about 6-8 minutes. Take off of the grill and serve with lemon or lime wedges.